Join us for Pilates Day
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Pilates Day presents an extraordinary opportunity for the Pilates community to unite in celebration of everything Joseph and Clara Pilates brought to the world.
This year’s Pilates Day 2016 is set to emphasize “Pilates Bliss,” spotlighting the joy experienced through Pilates – in health, community and quality of life.
What is Pilates Day?
Pilates Day is an annual, international, community event celebrated on the first Saturday of May every year.
The Pilates Day mission is to foster the public’s appreciation and awareness of the Pilates Method through a network of varied, innovative, and high quality grassroots Pilates events accessible and affordable for all.
Ultimately, Pilates Day is about connecting with your community, experiencing this amazing movement system and feeling fantastic!
FIND AN EVENT
Have you been curious about Pilates but haven’t gotten around to taking a class? Now is your chance to experience the vitality and well-being that comes from practicing Pilates. Explore events and classes in your area.
HOST AN EVENTParticipating in Pilates Day is a fun and exciting way to raise the profile of your Pilates business. It’s an excellent platform for education, networking, information, and the promotion of the Pilates Method!
“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph H. Pilates
Known as an inventor, philosopher, author and fitness expert, Joseph H. Pilates taught a ‘whole body health’ exercise system, with a strong focus on breath.
In addition, Pilates can improve:
Strength, balance and flexibility
Lung capacity and circulation
Posture and abdominal strength
bone density and joint health
body awareness and promotes deep restful sleep
The Pilates Method
“Everyone is the architect of his own happiness.” – Joseph H. Pilates
All Pilates teachers from around the world are encouraged to
participate and create their own Pilates Day celebrations!
Why Should You Participate
Participating in Pilates Day is a fun and exciting way to raise the profile of your Pilates business. It’s an excellent platform for education, networking, information, and the promotion of the Pilates Method!
Are you interested in introducing your work to a new sector of your community – perhaps senior citizens, people with low back pain, tennis players, and your book club? Maybe you’ve had an idea kicking around in your mind about how to promote Pilates, but you haven’t gotten around to it. Here’s your chance! The PMA encourages all interested parties to become active in this international initiative to create community and bring people into Pilates classes.
Benefits of Participation
- Raise the profile of Pilates and your business in your community
- Develop goodwill in your community and gain new clients!
- Create networking opportunities
- Be part of a formally organized international celebration under the PMA banner
- Join in a shared vision and purpose
- Gain publicity and exposure for your studio through PMA-issued press releases and web listing
- Receive an electronic Pilates Day Kit
The Electronic Pilates Day Kit Includes:
- Pre-designed artwork for posters, postcards, and business cards
- Pre-designed sample advertisements, budgets, production time lines
- Sample press releases which you can customize to your unique situation and location
- Pilates Day logo artwork for use on printed materials, t-shirts, etc.
- Resources for your printing needs on paper, t-shirts and other types of items
- Lots of event ideas and tips and tricks for producing a great Pilates Day event!
Share your joy of Pilates on Instagram #pilatesbliss #pilatesday2016
Learn more about The Pilates Method Alliance
Pilates Method Alliance
Founded in 2001, the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) is the international, not-for-profit, professional association and certifying agency dedicated to the teachings of Joseph H. and Clara Pilates.
The organization’s mission is to foster community, integrity, and respect for diversity; maintain certification and continuing education standards; and promote the Pilates method of exercise.